Commercial Painting Contractor FAQ- What you should know before you sign
We get asked all the time, what should the customer be asking about a commercial painting contractor? What separates your company from the one who quoted me a price that is 50% less? We’ve built a short guide to help walk you through the process. After all, in 50 years the chemistry of paint has changed exponentially and now almost 90% of paint failure and follow on problems is a result of contractor error!
5 Key Questions to Guarantee Great Painting Results
1. How many contractors & sub-contractors will you be using? Are they using a single contractor, or sub-contractors? Will you have to take extra time to manage their project?
2. Will you power wash the walls? Only pressure washing can remove form-release, chalk or built up dirt. A clean surface is the start of a successful job.
3. Will you be using a primer coat? Primer protects the surface, allowing the paint to better adhere to the surface. Paint alone may not be enough, especially on metal surfaces where rust may bleed through the paint.
4. How many coats of paint will you be applying? Leading paint manufacturers recommend at least 2 coats of paint to protect the walls and prevent against moisture and damage and provide even appearance. A “heavy coat” is not the same as 2 coats of paint.
5. How do I know you will do what you say you will? At FORJAK, we invite you to inspect our work to ensure you get what you pay for. Make sure you inspect the final job. After all, you get what you inspect, not what you expect!